British Red Cross - Support at Home
The British Red Cross provides time limited care and support to anyone over the age of 18, who lives in the Kings Lynn and West Norfolk area. This could be someone who has been in hospital or someone in the community who has had an accident, illness or bereavement. The service will help give them the confidence to continue their daily lives and promote their independence.
How can the support at home service help me?
- We can visit you at home to help rebuild your confidence and independence
- Offer you companionship to relieve isolation, through visits or telephone calls
- Help you to make changes to improve your quality of life and safety at home
- Help you to manage day to day activities, such as shopping and paperwork
- Help you to broaden your social activities
- Provide short term support to carers
- Provide information and advice on how to access other services and support
- We cannot assist with personal care
How can I access the Support at Home service?
People can refer themselves by contacting the service directly by phone or by email.
Alternatively referrals can also be made by the below people with consent:
- Hospital staff
- Discharge teams
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers and social care staff
- Families and carers
- Support agencies
- Doctors and community nurses
*Details correct at time of update 09/02/2021
Where to go
- British Red Cross - Support at Home
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- PE30 4ET
- Get directions