Self Management UK
On average people with long-term conditions spend less than 3 hours a year with their health team. The rest of the time they are left to self-manage. Our charity exists to help these people be understood, empowered and supported.
Self management uk educates you in the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to improve your wellbeing. Self-management does not mean doing it alone. We help you make informed choices about what services and support you want and need and how to work in partnership with your healthcare professionals.
Self-management encourages you to:
- find out more about your condition
- learn new skills and tools to help you manage your health
- work better, and in partnership, with your healthcare professionals
- take charge of your health care and choose what is right for you
- get support from other people in a similar situation to you
Self-management is suitable no matter your long-term health condition (s); asthma, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, chronic pain, and more.
If you have more control over your condition, you have more choice. You can’t let your condition run your life
Where to go
By post: 1A Trident Business Park, Daten Avenue, Warrington, WA3 6AX.