Headway Emergency Fund
Why does the fund exist?
The Emergency Fund provides grants of up to £500 in the immediate aftermath of brain injury, to help adult brain injury survivors and their families cope with the sudden practical implications.
Who can apply?
Anyone may apply to the Headway Emergency Fund. We are unable to support applicants who do not reside in the United Kingdom.
Only one application per survivor of a brain injury can be considered.
The purpose of the Headway Emergency Fund is to support families facing an increased financial burden following a brain injury. The fund is limited, so Headway will take into account the financial situation of each applicant when allocating funds and prioritise those with limited resources. We cannot consider applications for families with savings of more than £1000.
What support can we provide?
- Travel costs for families visiting relatives in hospital or rehabilitation
- Travel costs to outpatient appointments relating to the brain injury
- Emergency accommodation costs
- Essential white goods, e.g. a cooker or a fridge
- Other family costs in the immediate aftermath of brain injury
- A one week self-catered carer’s break at a cottage in Pickering, Yorkshire
We are unable fund:
- Taxi journeys
- Mortgage or rent payments
- Everyday household expenses
- Private medical treatment
- Utility bills
- Items or services that are the responsibility of the local authority or NHS to provide
- Funeral costs
Please note that there must be a link between the request and the brain injury.
- 0208 640 8413
- Parent Organisation