Rica (formerly Ricability) is the trading name of the national research charity Research Institute for Consumer Affairs. It focuses specifically on issues of concern to disabled and older consumers. Rica was founded through Consumers Association, publishers of Which? but is now an independent charity.
Rica has unique information:
- an online car measurement database with over 1,000 car models
- an online guide to which mobility scooter users can go on trains, buses and trams
- a guide to car seats for disabled children
Rica’s free information is also available as print guides:
- public transport
- car adaptations
- getting a wheelchair into a car
- getting in and out of a car
- a series of motoring guides for people with arthritis, restricted growth, cerebral palsy and for people who have had a stroke, brain injury or amputation
Latest Rica guides assessed central heating controls for people with sight loss and energy saving light bulbs for older people and are available in print, on audio-cd and in Braille.