The E.ON Energy Fund has been set up to help the most vulnerable customers of any energy company who are struggling to pay their bills.
The fund can help pay towards current or previous energy bills arrears, including those from a previous supplier. It can also help customers buy replacement white goods such as cookers, fridges, freezers and washing machines, the purchase or replacement of boilers as well as e-learning vouchers. The e-learning vouchers can support them in managing their finances, stay out of debt, help earn a qualification and if needed help them back to work.
How do I know if I can apply?
If you or someone within your household meets one or more of the following criteria, you may be eligible to apply for support from the EON Energy fund:
- In receipt of pension credit
- In receipt of means tested Council Tax reduction
- In receipt of Child Tax Credits with a total gross household income less than or equal to £16,190
- In receipt of Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- In receipt of Working Tax Credits with a total gross household income of £16,190 or less
- In receipt of Income Support or Income based Jobs Seekers Allowance
- In receipt of Universal Credit, however are not self employed or in work
- A total household of income of £16,190 or less
- Are seriously ill or have a terminal illness, which can be validated with a letter from a Doctor or Medical Practitioner.
If you meet one or more of the criteria above, you must evidence meeting these criteria.