Norfolk ProHelp provides free professional advice and guidance to community and voluntary organisations, not-for-profits and social enterprises.
Free Professional Skills
We have a pot of hours available to provide a one-stop-shop for the voluntary sector to access free professional skills and expertise in a range of services.
Since its inception, the group has helped hundreds of different groups, providing professional support in areas such as:
- Preparing business plans
- Completing valuations & surveys
- Conveyancing & lease negotiations
- Providing advice on mergers
- Marketing & visual identity
- Website design & development
- Flyers, brochures & print material
- Providing architectural designs
- Charity Commission applications
- Updating charity constitutions
- Employment issues
- Charity trading, tax & VAT
Criteria For Help
- Community groups requesting support from ProHelp have to satisfy certain criteria. We support groups that:
- Have a track record of working within the local community
- Are locally constituted
- Are unable to pay for professional services
Projects should be one-off, discrete pieces of work, rather than an ongoing requirement for support. So, for example, we will provide advice on the development of a marketing strategy, but not provide ongoing marketing support.
If you are not sure whether your project is eligible, do get in touch and we will answer any questions you have.
Terms Of Help
Members undertake projects with the guiding principle that the work is carried out free of charge, but will be treated no differently to an instruction from a fee-paying client. ProHelp doesn’t give out grants.
Any support provided by members is given through the goodwill of the companies and their staff on a voluntary basis. As such, they set a limit on the amount of time they can offer any one project and sometimes may have to turn projects down if they do not have capacity at that time.”