Vision Norfolk - Charity Ambassador - North and West Norfolk
Why not join us in our city and countywide collection days? On these special days, staff, clients and our volunteers go out together onto the highways and byways of Norfolk to promote our work, raise money and generally have a fun day. If you have never done anything like this before, don’t worry! We will provide you with a mentor and training and it’s a fantastic way to boost confidence and develop social skills! It is also a great thing to put on your CV, showing employers that you are not afraid to meet and greet members of the public, and you have a desire to give something back to society. Even if the weather is bad, the camaraderie is great!. If you have a couple of hours to spare, why not give it a go?
Volunteer Ambassadors will attend events, street and store collections all over Norfolk: Our volunteers will:
• Inspire people to support us through donating in cash or by card
• Represent the charity in a professional manner
• Make conversation with members of the public about our work and answering questions about the charity
• Promote planned fundraising initiatives
• Helping us to recruit skilled volunteers
• Inspire their family, friends, colleagues and online networks to support our work and fundraise.
• Telephone the Individual Giving Fundraiser as soon as possible, if unable to fulfill your commitment so that replacement cover can be arranged.
• Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• Adhere to the Vision Norfolk volunteer policies and procedures
• All we ask from our volunteers is that you are kind and courteous when you are representing Vision Norfolk.
• The role can be local, but use of a car would enable a broader variety and location of assignments.