Baby Basics West Norfolk
Baby Basics exists to provide essential equipment, clothing and toiletries free of charge to families who are unable to provide for themselves.
Requests must come from a professional who works alongside the family and not directly from the individual in need. If you identify a family who is in need please follow this process:
- Ask them if they would like to receive items from Baby Basics
- Identify specifically what items are needed
- Email or call your local Baby Basics team to make the referral
You will be asked for the following information:
- You: Name, agency and your contact details
- Your Client: Name, due date of baby, gender (if known) and items needed
- Any other information you think is important for us to know
- The team will be able to let you know if the items needed are available and will give you an indication of how long it will take to prepare
- You will be notified when the items are ready for collection
- Make arrangements with the Baby Basics team about collecting the items. Items must be delivered to the client by the referrer or other professional
- Baby Basics is unable to offer a delivery service.
Our aim, where possible, is to have items ready to be collected one month before the baby is due, giving the family time to sort through the items given and feel confident that they have what is needed. It really helps us to have referrals in as early as possible.
One of the core items that we put together is a Starter Pack – a Moses basket packed with new-born clothing, bedding, a towel suitable for a new-born, nappies and other toiletries for both mum and baby. Please note that although the Moses baskets themselves are second hand we always replace the mattresses with brand new ones.
*Details correct at time of update 06/02/2020