ESCAPE Community Gardening Project and Friends of Swaffham Orchard
Run by the charity Family Action, the community allotments and orchard are friendly and welcoming with something for everyone. There are different growing spaces, an outdoor kitchen with a cob oven and activities for people of all ages and abilities. Our covered spaces means that we can stay open all year round with seasonal activities. We also offer various learning opportunities including accredited horticultural courses, beekeeping, willow and woodwork.
The project offers
- Regular gardening sessions and workshops on traditional skills.
- Cooking sessions using our seasonal produce
- A shared space for productivity, creativity and wellbeing
- Volunteering opportunities
The project aims are:
- Building confidence and self-esteem through learning new skills
- Supporting people to benefit from being outdoors and green exercise
- Encouraging participants to meet people from a range of backgrounds and build social networks
- Preserving heritage, including heritage plant varieties and traditional skills
- Promoting health, seasonal eating and food growing
Who to contact
Where to go
- ESCAPE Community Gardening Project
- PE37 7JG
- Get directions
While the allotments and orchards can be accessed via Tumbler Hill, the Swaffham Family Action office is located in Swaffham Community Centre, The Campingland, Swaffham PE37 7RB. Please contact the office on 01760 720302 or 01760 725801 for further information about the project.