Chatterbox Action Against Loneliness Programme
Tackling loneliness one call at a time.
A free, short-term telephone befriending programme designed to support those who are lonely and isolated due to their caring role, bereavement, age, or life-limiting and end of life challenges.
There will be a time when most of us will need a little extra companionship. Even those with strong family ties and a close circle of friends can sometimes feel totally alone or in danger of becoming socially isolated. The Chatterbox Action Against Loneliness Programme provides a solution to those who would benefit from having someone to talk to, someone willing to listen, someone neutral, but someone who understands that life is not always easy. Chatterbox is flexible and aimed at anyone who feels they might benefit, including those who:
- have a caregiving role
- are adapting to life after caring
- suffer with ill health or disability
- are recently bereaved, or are waiting to attend Omega-facilitated bereavement sessions
- suffer from social isolation or are at risk of becoming socially isolated
- are waiting to receive counselling, or have completed counselling sessions and need extra ongoing support
- have been released from hospital and need help to adjust to living independently again
- are lonely and/or frail
- need help to live independently for the first time
You will be matched with a trained, volunteer Befriender who will make a weekly phone call throughout the duration of the programme to offer a listening ear, and to talk about anything you want.
Chatterbox also offers help with finding any services, information, or social groups that you may need or are interested in. The Programme is completely confidential.
- 01743 245088