SongBird Survival is an independent, UK-wide bird charity that funds research into the alarming decline in Britain’s much cherished songbirds.
With your support we hope to draw attention to the plight of our small birds and find solutions to restore their numbers.
Our aims are:
- Improve, protect and preserve, for the benefit of the public and national biodiversity, the -population of song and other small birds in the British Isles
- Commission scientific research into the causes of the current catastrophic decline of some of our song and other small bird populations
- Work with like-minded organisations to highlight the plight of our song and other small bird populations
- Promote the conservation of natural and semi natural habitats in which our song and other small birds live
- Advance the science of ornithology and in particular the study of song and other small birds
- Contribute to the national evidence base by commissioning targeted scientific research into areas where scientific evidence is currently sparse, inadequate or lacking
*Details correct at time of listing 22/1/2020