Activities during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
As the guidelines change we can now all spend more time outdoors. New guidance allows:
• meeting outdoors in a group of up to 6 people with those you do not live with, whilst observing social distancing guidelines and keeping at least 2 metres apart
• from 13 June, single adult households – in other words adults who live alone or with dependent children only – can form a ‘support bubble’ with one other household. All those in a support bubble will be able to spend time together inside each others’ homes, including overnight, without needing to stay 2 metres apart.
Full details can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/meeting-people-from-outside-your-household
A few ideas of things to do...
- Go for a walk
- Meet a friend at the park (observing the social distance guidance)
- Phone your Friends and Family
- Phone Silver Line or Samaritans if you need support
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals
- Birdwatch / Nature Watch
- Deep Clean the house or the car
- Tidy that bottom cupboard you've been putting off!
- Traditional Boardgaming if you are home with the family
- Arts and Crafts
- Crosswords and Puzzles
- Write - a song, a story, a journal
- Join a Penpal service - A Letter from Louise
- Knitting, Crochet and Sewing
- Movie Marathon, BoxSet Binge
- Collate your Photographs
- Sort your winter/summer wardrobes
- Make a plan of what you want to enjoy when you can get back out into the community
- Pamper yourself with a facemask or paint your nails
- Take Care of yourself even if you don't see anyone
- Learn a new language using an App or online source
- Share your tips on how you're practicing social distancing, as well as a photo of you at home to show others they are not alone
For The Love Of Scrubs - Our NHS Needs You - This group was formed by Ashleigh Linsdell after identifying to shortage in supply for scrubs to frontline NHS staff during the 2020 COVID-19 Epidemic. This facebook group is a platform to enable those who are able to, and would like to contribute towards supplying hospitals local to themselves with scrubs for front line workers.
Postcards of Kindness - an initiative that asks people to write and send postcards to residents of care homes. And while it’s a small gesture, the resulting deliveries bring a great deal of joy and spark lively conversations among the older people who receive them.
Skype/ Facetime guitar and drum lessons - Proffessional experienced Teacher, Stef Judd - adults and children
Sweet Things Savoury - If you need a chat, just pick up the phone, all the staff at Sweet Things Savoury will happily have a chat with you if you are feeling lonely or isolated. - 01945 474594
The Virtual Pub Quiz - Home of the Original Virtual Pub Quiz that went viral and broadcast live to over 200k people!
Virtual Table Top Games - Play any tabletop game online with friends
Age UK - Get Creative - A household Poem - Creative Poetry workshop by Grape Arts
- If you do not have access to the Internet and would like support over the phone to exercise at home call Active Norfolks helpline 0344 800 8020 and select option 5.