Volunteer Befriender - Care Home Connectors
Purpose of role
To offer regular one to one befriending to older clients in care homes whilst working within the boundaries laid down by West Norfolk Befriending.
- Listening skills.
- Enjoyment of social contact.
- Ability to motivate/encourage others.
- Sense of humor.
- Honesty and reliability.
- Patience and understanding.
- Willingness to volunteer for a minimum of one year.
- Attend initial induction training and on-going training/socials/regular support sessions.
- Respect client’s confidentiality at all times.
- Establish and maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Spend time with client and engage in activities that are mutually agreed upon.
- Inform the manager of any concerns about the client.
- Respect different cultural values and work in a non-discriminatory manner.
- To be understanding rather than judgmental about a client’s situation and circumstances.
- Initial Induction training.
- On-going training.
- Regular support sessions.
- Opportunities to meet new people.
- Free training and support.
- Increased confidence.
- Giving something back.
- Supporting the local community.
- Contact Name
- Amanda Tickner
- Contact Position
- Project Coordinator
- 01553 763500