Strongbones Children's Charitable Trust
Strongbones Children’s Charitable Trust is a national registered charity set up to provide emotional and practical support, increase inclusion by providing disability equipment and educational opportunities including workshops and facilities. We also provide support for parents and carers, access to sports and activities and family interaction days for the benefit of children and young people under the age of twenty one who have a serious muscular skeletal condition such as scoliosis, bone cancer, scoliosis or spina bifida alongside complex needs and/or learning disabilities.
- We provide a online support network to over 1,000 families
- We provide manual wheelchairs
- We provide specialist buggies
- We provide adapted trikes and hand cycles.
- We provide supportive seating (If refused by State funding at panel)
- We provide advice to families in accessing welfare benefits. This includes disability benefits and disabled facilities grants that they may be entitled to receive.
- We provide disability aids and portable hoists to enable children to have a enhanced quality of life.
- We organise family days to enable parents and children to network.
- We organise and fully fund a yearly superhero party in the summer to host 400-500 people.
- Our Youth Ambassador Myles selects a child weekly to receive a Myles Sketchley Inspirational Award in the form of a medal, along with a certificate and a gift.
- We provide balloons to children in hospital.
- We organise accessible activity weekends
- We support siblings through our Super Sibling project which involves exciting competitions and inclusion for the whole family.
- We provide smart home technology
Where to go
Strongbones Childrens Charitable Trust,
B9 Romford Seedbed Centre,