ACT provides grants of up to £2,500 to individuals with the aim of enhancing the quality of life for people in need (specifically people living in poverty, those who have a physical and/or mental disability or the aged).
Applicants are required to be permanently resident in the UK.
We will only accept postal applications and are unable to accept applications sent by e-mail.
We welcome applications for grants from all sections of the community and decisions are made based on our available funding levels and never on grounds of age, race or gender.
We will do our best to ensure that applications are dealt with fairly and that no one is denied access to information or funding on grounds of race, colour, ethnicity or national origin, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Examples of grants we will consider:-
- Building adaptations where a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) has been awarded and there is a shortfall.
- Mobility aids
- Specialised seating and car seats
- Specialised beds and sleep systems
- Sensory toys and equipment, room padding
- Communication aids, specialised software
- Respite at a registered centre for the applicant only
- Vehicle Adaptations