NHS Choices - Carer's Assessments Information
If you care for someone, you can have an assessment to see what might help make your life easier. This is called a carer's assessment.
It might recommend things like:
- someone to take over caring so you can take a break
- gym membership and exercise classes to relieve stress
- help with taxi fares if you don't drive
- help with gardening and housework
- training how to lift safely
- putting you in touch with local support groups so you have people to talk to
- advice about benefits for carers
A carer's assessment is free and anyone over 18 can ask for one.
*Details correct at time of update - 22/01/2020
0300 123 1053 Carers Direct helpline
0800 319 6789 Independent Age's free helpline
0800 055 6112 Age UK's free helpline