Assistance from Volunteer Groups During Covid-19 Restrictions
*Details shown are correct at time of entry however are subject to change at anytime due to the nature of the services and guidance on the virus.*
6 people or 2 households can meet outside from 29 March.
Sheilding ended on 31st March
Twice weekly rapid tests will be available to everyone from 9 April.
From 12 April more businesses and venues can reopen.
For full details on Guidance visit the website - www.gov.uk
Town and Parish Councils & Churches:
- Barton Bendish Aid - volunteers offering shopping, prescription collection and telephone befriending - firstname.lastname@example.org - 01366 347563 - 01366 347849 - 01366 347549 - 01366 347983
- Bircham & Bagthorpe - A team of volunteers available to support residents. Rev. Peter Cooke - 01485 517157 (email@example.com) or Philippa Sewell - 01485 572037 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brancaster, Brancaster Staithe & Burnham Deepdale Areas - for support with deliveries, dog walking and prescription collection contact the Parish Clerk - Michelle Wroth on 07766 241127 (email@example.com) or the Volunteer Co-ordinator Briony Bax on 01485 210005 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Denver, Ryston, Crimplesham and Ryston - help with shopping and prescription collection for the isolated and vulnerable - contact the pastoral coordinator - Jean - 01366 385808
- Docking - Community Support - A team of volunteers available to support residents. Rev. Peter Cooke - 01485 517157 (email@example.com) or Philippa Sewell - 01485 572037 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Downham Market Town Council - A section on the website has been created for COVID-19 support in Downham Market
- Fair Green, Middleton, Blackborough End, Middleton Towers, North Runcton, East Winch, Bilney, Bawsey & Ashwicken areas - Mike & Bee Knights and their team of volunteers are available for Medicine collection, shopping, dog walking, telephone chat and companionship - 01553 840640 (looking for more volunteers at this time 06/11/2020)
- Heacham Parish Church – Revd Veronica Wilson – 01485 570697 – A team of volunteers available to help with shopping and medication for those self-isolating and needing support.
- Methwold Parish Council - If you are unable to leave your home and have not been able to arrange help for shopping please contact the Clerk on 07340162732 who will contact a volunteer.
- Ryston, Denver, Crimplesham and Ryston - help with shopping and prescription collection for the isolated and vulnerable - contact the pastoral coordinator - Jean - 01366 385808
- Sedgeford - Community Support - A team of volunteers available to support residents. Rev. Peter Cooke - 01485 517157 (email@example.com) or Philippa Sewell - 01485 572037 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shouldham Parish Council - offering collection of shopping, urgent supplies, prescription collection, a friendly phone call and more - 01760 632011 email@example.com
- Snettisham Community Help Hub - Good Neighbourhood Scheme - a group of volunteers able to help with shopping, prescription collection, dog walking ad companionship - 01485 545838 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stanhoe - for emergency support, contact the vicar or the Parish Council - email@example.com
- Thornham Parish Council - For support please contact Sarah Bristow, Parish Clerk, 01553 636499 or 07899994070
- Watlington & Area Covid Support Network - have a directory of volunteers offering support please contact John Murfitt, Church Warden, 01553 811086 or Barbara Church, 01553 810584 or June at the Post Office (office hours) 01553 810263
- Wereham Parish Council - the Parish Council are coordinating a small team of volunteers to help with collections and deliveries of shopping and medicine. Contact Helen Richardson, Parish Clerk, 07795006811
- Woottons Helping Hands - shopping, urgent needs, dog walking or just to speak to someone 01553 631939 or 07757236687
Other Volunteer Groups
- Brandon Royal British Legion - Brandon Community Support - 01842 667670 - Leave a message for support while isolating
- East Rudham, West Rudham, Pockthorpe, Raynham, Houghton, Helhoughton, Harpley & Bagthorpe (covering these parishes) - offering shopping, prescription collections and someone is available to have a chat. - Coordinator - Jane Watts - 01485 528595
- Fairstead Community Shop - collecting & Delivering prescriptions and shopping - contact Emma on 07585 128511
- Feltwell Local Action Group - Offering shopping, medication collection, dog walking, meals and more - contact Berni - 07758 808455
- Gayton Village Help - (not currently running 06/11/2020) A list of numbers has been delivered to residents. Please contact Lisa Harwood Bird on 07747803291 to volunteer or for list details.
Facebook Groups with help being offered - updated as offers come in -
COVID-19 Mutual Aid UK - National Group with list of local area Mutual Aid Groups