Vision Norfolk - Children, Young People and Families Support Volunteer
This role requires volunteers to assist with the running of activities and events for Children, Young People and Families. These activities may be at one of the Vision Norfolk Hubs, external events (bowling, zoo trips etc.), or virtual activities using Zoom. After completing our compulsory training, there may be opportunities to lead sessions in the future.
Please note that the majority of our organised events and activities take place in the evenings, weekends or during school holidays.
• Entertaining the children (as required)
• Chatting to parents and making teas and coffees
• Helping to set up events and clearing away afterwards
• Showing a caring and kind attitude towards our clients, whilst helping our clients to remain as independent as possible
• Telephone Barbara Dunn (Children, Young People and Families Coordinator) as soon as possible if unable to fulfill your commitment, so that replacement cover can be arranged.
• Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• Adhere to the Vision Norfolk volunteer policies and procedures, (for example: Health & Safety and Safeguarding training).
• Volunteers must wear their photo identity badge during all assignments.
• Displaying a kind and courteous attitude when you are representing Vision Norfolk.
Where to go