Self-Directed Support

If you think you may be eligible for support for your Social Care needs, you must first contact the Social Care Team at the Norfolk County Council. The team will be able to discuss your options with you, including equipment, assistive technology and other adaptations that could make your life easier. The assessment can be either completed over the phone or the team will arrange to visit you.

Usually help will be in the form of a Personal budget, giving you as much choice as possible of the services you use. The personal budget can be used to commission care services, or to directly employ someone to help you.