Shopping for the NHS, Elderly & Vulnerable
There are discounts and priority shopping times available to NHS staff to ensure they can access essential items and to say thank you for their hard work during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
It’s important that NHS and social care workers display their NHS ID when visiting stores to gain access and/or discount. We will continue to update and add to the list but please note that offers will be subject to change.
NHS England and NHS Improvement has an NHS staff offers list which details offers from a wide range of companies.
Many of the major supermarkets have reserved time for NHS workers to do their shopping outside of busy periods.
- Sainsbury’s – Monday to Saturday from 7.30am - 8am
- Tesco - If there’s a queue, NHS staff can go to the front with a valid ID.
- Co-operative - Monday to Saturday, 8am – 9am, Sunday, 10am – 11am.
- Marks and Spencer - Tuesday and Friday – the first hour of opening.
- Morrisons - 6am to 7am, Monday to Saturday, and 9am to 10am on Sundays.
- Aldi - open 30 minutes early on Sundays for NHS, police and fire service.
- Booths - Monday to Saturday, 7am – 8am (excluding Media City).
check site https://www.nhsemployers.org/news/2021/01/national-discounts-for-nhs-workers for more information
ELDERLY AND VULNERABLE
Tesco - Wednesday 9am - 10am, Sunday 9am - 10am for browsing only.
Waitrose - Monday - Saturday - 7.30 - 8.30am, Sunday - 10 - 11am - the first opening hour is prioritised for elderly and vulnerable shoppers. Also NHS workers are given a priority checkout service.
Please check with individual locak stores for up-to-date opening times.
*Information correct at time of update 15/02/2021