Help using Lily
Click on the categories below to display useful information, hints and tips to get the most out of this website.
If you cannot find something you are looking for or you need support to use the Directory please get in touch with us on 01553 616200 and ask for the Lily Team.
Help with Searching
To search, you can:
- use the 'Directory' tab to pick a category from the drop-down list
- type into the 'What are you looking for today?' free text box on the homepage, this can be a particular activity or service or a location.
Advice on Keyword Searching
Typing in a word or a few words for your search brings back all entries that contain at least one of the words you’ve entered. You can also use special characters to limit your results more closely.
The plus sign (+) before a word means that each of the results must contain that word. So +housing +advice brings back only record results containing both words housing and advice.
Using double quotes (") around your search words brings back only results that contain those words as an exact phrase, for example, "carers group".
Sorting your search results
You can change the order of your search results using the options that are just above. You can sort your results by:
- Best Match
- Most Recent (Note, this is the most recently updated)
You can also view your results on a Map using the 'Show on a map' button.
As you browse the website, you can build up your own personal shortlist of services and activities. Using shortlists is a bit like using the shopping basket function on online shopping sites.
To add items to your shortlist, please click the ‘shortlist’ button alongside the entry.
When you are viewing your shortlist, you can display a summary version or a detailed version of the shortlist, by selecting the appropriate link. You can also send the shortlist to your printer to get a printed version.
Your shortlist information is stored in a temporary part of your browser. So if you close down your browser the shortlist will be cleared.
You can also clear the shortlist at any time by going to the shortlist and selecting 'Clear shortlist' from the onscreen options.
How to Create an Account on Lily
If you would like to add your service, activity or event to our Directory, you will first need to create an account.
To create an account simply:
- click on the ‘My account’ button in the top right hand corner of the homepage
- click on ‘create an account’
- enter your contact details and complete all boxes marked (Required)
- read our terms and conditions
- click ‘create account’ to submit your registration request
Once you’ve registered, we’ll send you an email. You’ll need to open the email and click the link we have sent to complete the registration process within one hour.
Please note, some email accounts will automatically filter the email into your junk or spam folder, so if it is not in your inbox check these. It could take up to 10 minutes to arrive.
Once you’ve completed your registration you’ll be able to log in using the email address and password you used to create your account. Once you have entered these details, click ‘Sign in’.
Adding a New Record
If you’re a provider looking to add a record sign into your account and click on ‘Manage your listings’ and then ‘create a new directory record.’ This opens a form divided into various sections.
Please fill out each section with as much information as possible. If you’re unsure what to write, try looking at other records on the site and see how they are written.
The sections are:
- Listing details - Give your record a short title that will be meaningful to members of the public and a short description.
- Contact details – We’ll display your contact details on the website. If any details change please come back and update your record.
- Venue details - Please provide an address and postcode for your venue.
- Date & time - Please provide a brief sentence on when your service/activity takes place or is open. For example, 'Open Monday to Friday from 9am-6pm' or 'Tuesday evenings from 7pm-9pm'.
- Other details - Please provide brief details in all of the applicable boxes. If there is nothing to say, then just leave that box blank.
- Images - You can upload an image such as your logo. You can only upload images that are of jpg, gif, png types and up to a maximum file size of 10MB.
Updating a Record
If you’re a provider looking to update a record please sign in to ‘My Account’ and click on ‘Manage your listings’. Pick a record. Select ‘update record’ from the Actions dropdown.
Once your record is displayed, please edit and when finished please click on ‘save record’ at the bottom of the page. Your changes will go live after being reviewed, as quickly as possible.
If your record is not displaying, you may not have completed the registration process. Please go to your inbox and see if there is an email from Info Link to verify your email address. If your record is still not displaying please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q Which web browsers work best when using Lily?
A Lily website has a "responsive design", therefore it can be viewed on any pc, laptop, tablet or smartphone without compromising the appearance of the pages. Please note, Lily is not fully supported in internet explorer browsers that are older than version 8.0.
Q How do you add a listing to Lily and does it cost anything?
A If you provide a service, activity or group for local people, it is free to add an entry to the directory - follow the instructions for 'How to Register on Lily' to add your listing
Q When will my new record appear on the site?
A We aim to process new records as quickly as possible (within a few days of submission)
Q When will my updates appear on the site?
A We aim to process updates as quickly as possible (within a few days of submission)
Q Is there a limit on the number of services/activities that I can have listed?
A No. There is no limit of listings on most accounts