Operation Christmas Child UK
A simple shoebox gift packed with love and fuelled by prayer can have a huge impact!
Each year thousands of people like you generously pack shoebox gifts to bless children in need around the world.
- Get an empty medium sized shoebox, and wrap the box and lid separately in colourful wrapping paper or order preprinted shoeboxes online. Attach the appropriate boy/girl label, marking if your gift is for a boy or a girl. Select an age category 2-4, 5-9 or 10-14 and attach the label to the top of your shoebox
- Fill your shoebox with a selection of fun toys, hygiene items and school supplies. If possible, include one or two special items you know a child will love such as a doll, cuddly toy or deflated football with pump. See our Gift Suggestions below for more ideas.
- A suggested donation of £5 is essential to cover project costs, including shipping, to enable a local church or group overseas to lead a safe, well-organised children's event where your shoebox will be given to a child in need.
Give online at Follow Your Box and you can print out a barcode and place it inside your shoebox on top of the contents. This will enable us to tell you which country your shoebox gets sent to.
Or you can enclose cash or cheque (to Samaritan's Purse) and place it in an envelope inside your shoebox on top of the contents. If you are packing multiple shoeboxes you can write a cheque for one combined donation.
- Personalise your shoebox by including a hand written note and a photograph of yourself, your group or your family. You may also like to pray for the child that will receive your gift.
- Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and take it to a local Drop-off Location.
- 020 8559 2044 020 8559 2044
- Scan to visit this website
- Parent Organisation
- Samaritans Purse UK
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Every December
Last Updated: 09 August 2022